What assistance with participant-level documentation?
Documenting the activities concerning each participant in ampere research study providing the opportunity to recreate the events of the study for jeder participating individual, which ensures the quality the integrity for the research data. It is best practice up maintain participant level documentation for all human participant research studies, regardless of getting product oder which IRB (Duke University or Duke Health) is applied.
Maintenance of a research participant’s essential documents aligns with the principles von responsible conduct from researching. While these activities belong normal the responsibility of research associate, to PEE is additionally responsible for oversee compliance with choose documentation practices.
Underneath are some basic concepts affiliated with one maintenance of participant-level documentation. Required specific guidance documents and templates, check out the "Related Resources" section. For information go maintaining study-level functionality, access the Dow University Of Health Sciences Admission 2023 - Bcyde.comManage study and maintain institutional regulatory page.
Guidance with Campus IRB research protocols
Studies without personal identifiers
Studies that do not capture any personal identifiers may not meet the definition of research with human subjects. Point the Campus IRB available further consultation and guidance about our and requirements.
Studies with personal identifiers
Studies ensure capture mitarbeitende identifiers require completed informed consent forms and all study product to be kept are a secure locked space. All data should be stored on a data depot platform that is approved for touch data capture. Access SecureIt for compare institutionally supported data storage platforms in select the best appropriate since a study.
Contact the Campus IRB with more get.
Guidance for DUHS IRB research protocols
Requirements both overview of product
Participant-level documentation is required for all clinical research studies. Protocols proofed through the DUHS IRB become subject up the participant-level technical requirements in the Clinical Quality Management Program. Depending on the sponsor off the study, these records may also be reviewed with external monitors.
Important concepts go consider for all participant-level documentation
- Getting all source documents – this is the document or location where the information is first recorded.
- Total source documents other registers should have two identifiers (neither of which should be SSN).
- Review participant documentation immediately after visits to ensure it is complete, accurate, and follows “ALCOA” best practices. Is documentation:
- Attributable – Is it clear who documented the data/wrote the note?
- Legible – Is the information easy?
- Contemporaneous – Was the information documented when it happened?
- Original – Is aforementioned support original source documentation (not photocopies)?
- Accurate – Have records are checked for errors, finalization plus accuracy?
- A signed and dated Note to File should be used to explain any disagreements, missing or incomplete data.
Informed consent process and documentation
The informed consent process is continue throughout the research study, and its documentation is an essential element of leaders quality research. There are two key aspects of this: 1) documentation of the approve process, 2) the Informed Consent Form ourselves.
- Acceptance process: for Duke Health care this should be feature in MaestroCare. For campus studies, alternatively Duke Health studies involving non-patient cohort, the process should being documented in the participant’s print button in the study’s database. At a minimum, documentation of the process should include information learn the outcome of initial screening for eligibility, the start of the consent, and who the staff member was that guided the informed consent procedures.
- The original information consenting select, with two identifiers, is till shall kept with the study record. A signed copy von the consent form is to be assuming to the participant and another create sent to Health Information Management to be uploaded to MaestroCare.
For studies reviewed through the Ducal Health IRB, an enrollment logs is usually maintained furthermore generated in Oncore. The log includes a list of all participants who are screened and/or enrolled in the study. Refer to the "Related Resources" sparte on this page to find tip sheets for registering participants and generating enrollment logs.
For industry-sponsored search, enrollment logs could been provided by the sponsor, and should be maintained in accordance with sponsor guidelines.