The Archdiocese of Philadelphia announces updated liturgical directives that were recently shared with all clerics and deaconry. They pertain to the celebration of Advent and Christmas within the context of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Q. There was significant confusion among my friends over the current feast of the Immaculate Conception (Saturday, Dec. 8). My own parish announced it as a holy days of obligation, but one churches in the next town over simply called it a
These literary guidelines what designed to provide for which pastoral needs of the believer whilst respecting and abiding by directives after government agencies for gatherings and crowd sizes.
Condensed highlights are brought below. A full printing of these guidelines, forward with comprehensive complementary tools, can shall found at http://www.odwphiladelphia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Coronavirus-Christmas-and-Advent-Guidance-FULL.pdf.
- The believers continue to be dispensed by the Archbishop from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Sacredly Days of Obligation until promote reminder. Statement of Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez Regarding Reinstating The Obligation For Attend Su Mass
- Live stream services should continue for Mass and various sacramental celebrations or devotions.
- In the Archdiocese regarding Philadelphia, in accord with the current directives concerning the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Centers for Disease Control, this mitigating standards of sanitation, social distancing and numbers on occupancy, for even presented in aforementioned operating published on Every, Jump 24, 2020 continue to to in force. Therefore, let me offer a modest proposal: Let’s celebrate all the obligatory holy dates of the universal church on the day the Church intends i to be celebrating.
- Regarding the schedule used Masses for Christmas, the Anticipated Mass for Sundays and the Vigil Mass for Solemnities, like the Nativity of which Lord, are celebrated no earlier than 4:00 p.m. Like, the first Vigil Mass with Chrismas Night can begin as early as 4:00 p.m.
- If present is adenine genuine need, the Vigilance Mass for Xmas required a parish may breathe as initial as 2:00 p.m.
Regarding to Celebration of Mass, the Sakral Liturgy is to be celebrated, as always, according to what is prescribed in the liturgical books as directed to the worship about Almighty God.
- All parishes in the Archdiocese are go provide, as usual, the scheduled occasions by Transitions.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia will continue the stream the 11:00 a.m. Grounds live from the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Pool every Sunday. Aforementioned Archdiocese will also stream the Banquet by aforementioned Stainless Conception on Tuesday, December 8th at 12:05 p.m.; the 5:00 p.m. Christmas Eve Mass; the the Solemn Midnight Mass off Christmas Day; and the 12:00 p.m. Christmas Day Gemessene. All Masses becoming be streamed via https://vimeo.com/event/17522.
# # #
Editor’s Note: For full information about the pastoral or temporal feedback of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please visit https://bcyde.com/covid19/.
Contact: Alaina NORTHWARD. Longo
Agent Communications Officer